Other Names for this Disease
- Idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis
- Ormond's disease
chronic unilateral obstructive uropathy or chronic bilateral obstructive uropathy.Retroperitoneal fibrosis is a slowly progressive disorder in which the tubes that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder (ureters) and other abdominal organs are blocked by a fibrous mass and inflammation in the back of the abdomen. Doctors don't know why these masses form. The disorder may cause
Last updated: 10/15/2013
- Vorvick LJ. Retroperitoneal fibrosis. MedlinePlus. March 17, 2011; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000463.htm. Accessed 10/15/2013.
- Genetics Home Reference contains information on Retroperitoneal fibrosis. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Retroperitoneal fibrosis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.