Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Acute stress cardiomyopathy
- Apical ballooning syndrome
- Broken-heart syndrome
- Left ventricular transient apical ballooning
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Stress cardiomyopathy. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The MayoClinic.com Web site has an information page on this topic. Click on MayoClinic.com to view the information page.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- MeSH® (Medical Subject Headings) is a terminology tool used by the National Library of Medicine. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Stress cardiomyopathy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.