Your browser does not support javascript:   Search for gard hereSearch for news-and-events here.


Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD)

Print friendly version

Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome

Other Names for this Disease
  • ALPS
  • Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome type 1, autosomal dominant
  • Canale-Smith syndrome
  • FAS deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.

Your Question

How can I find a physician with expertise in ALPS to see my adult son?

Our Answer

We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.

How can I find a physician who has expertise in autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome?

Many different types of specialists may be involved in the care of an individual with autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome; management of the condition may require a collaborative effort amongst several types of physicians and/or other health care providers.

, the Primary Immunodeficiency Resource Center, is designed for patients and their families, physicians, researchers, government officials, pharmaceutical companies, industry, and the general public to be able to quickly and seamlessly access information on Primary Immunodeficiency diseases.  It's Web site has a "Find an Expert" section that manages a listing of Referral Physicians across the world to help patients, family and friends locate a physician that is familiar with Primary Immunodeficiency. Click here to access this listing.

For additional information about how to find an expert, please read our Q&A entitled "How can I find an expert who has knowledge and experience regarding a specific condition?"
Last updated: 2/15/2012

How can I find an expert who has knowledge and experience regarding a specific condition?

Although there is no list of experts for rare diseases, a fact sheet is available on our Web site with tips for finding healthcare professionals and researchers who have experience with a particular condition. Potential resources include patient advocacy groups, researchers conducting clinical trials, and authors of articles published in medical journals. If you are unable to locate an expert using these suggestions, please let us know. Click on the following link to view the fact sheet:
Last updated: 3/21/2012