Your browser does not support javascript:   Search for gard hereSearch for news-and-events here.


Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD)

Print friendly version

Takayasu arteritis

Other Names for this Disease
  • Aortic arch syndrome
  • Pulseless disease
  • TA
  • Takayasu disease
  • Young female arteritis
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.

Your Question

I have been diagnosed with Takayasu arteritis. It has changed my life in many ways and I am yet to accept this condition. It has been very difficult for me to deal with this diagnosis and I'm not sure who to talk to or who to get information from.

Our Answer

We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.

Are there any advocacy organizations for individuals and families with Takayasu arteritis?

Yes, additional information and supportive resources for individuals with Takayasu arteritis are available from the following organization:

Vasculitis Foundation
P.O. Box 28660
Kansas City, MO 64188
Toll free: 1-800-277-9474
Telephone: 816-436-8211
Web site:
Last updated: 11/1/2013

Where can I find additional resources to help me cope with Takayasu arteritis?

The Vasculitis Foundation maintains lists of local supports and medical consultants.

In addition, you may find it helpful to speak with a therapist. The American Psychological Association has a Psychologist Locator that can help you find a practicing psychologist in your area.

Last updated: 11/3/2013