Spinal muscular atrophy
You may wish to discuss your concerns with a genetics professional. The following online resources can help you find a genetics professional in your community:
- GeneTests has a searchable directory of US and international genetics and prenatal diagnosis clinics.
- The National Society of Genetic Counselors provides a searchable directory of US and international genetic counseling services.
- The American College of Medical Genetics has a searchable database of US genetics clinics.
- The University of Kansas Medical Center provides a list of US and international genetic centers, clinics, and departments.
- The American Society of Human Genetics maintains a database of its members, which includes individuals who live outside of the United States. Visit the link to obtain a list of the geneticists in your country, some of whom may be researchers that do not provide medical care.
- Get answers to care and health-related questions about SMA from the advocacy organization, Families of SMA's Medical Advisory Council experts. Their free Ask the Expert feature connects you with SMA physicians and clinicians, who can answer questions on a wide variety of health-related topics. Click on the link to learn more.