Your browser does not support javascript:   Search for gard hereSearch for news-and-events here.


Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD)

Print friendly version

Pityriasis lichenoides chronica

See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.

Your Question

How does one get tested for pityriasis lichenoides chronica?

Our Answer

We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.

How is pityriasis lichenoides chronica diagnosed?

The clinical appearance of pityriasis lichenoides chronica suggests the diagnosis. However, since it can look like psoriasis, lichen planus, or the common bug bite, a skin biopsy is recommended to confirm the diagnosis. A dermatologist is the type of specialist who is most often involved in the diagnosis and care of patients with this condition.[1]
Last updated: 1/17/2013