Print friendly version
Progressive hemifacial atrophy
Other Names for this Disease
- Hemifacial atrophy, progressive
- Parry-Romberg syndrome
- Romberg hemi-facial atrophy
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- NINDS Parry-Romberg Information Page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. January 2011; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/parry_romberg/parry_romberg.htm. Accessed 8/7/2012.
- Stone J. Parry Romberg Syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2010; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/489/viewAbstract. Accessed 8/7/2012.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Progressive hemifacial atrophy. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Progressive hemifacial atrophy. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.