Other Names for this Disease
- Cataract dental syndrome
- Cataract X-linked with Hutchinsonian teeth
- Mesiodens cataract syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
cataracts, resulting in poor vision. Additional eye abnormalities are also often present, including a very small cornea and nystagmus. In some cases, the condition may also be associated with additional physical abnormalities and/or intellectual disability. The range and severity of symptoms may vary greatly from one person to another, even among affected members of the same family. Nance-Horan syndrome is caused by a mutation in the NHS gene and is inherited as an X-linked dominant trait, which means that both males and females can be affected, but males often have more severe symptoms.Nance-Horan syndrome is a rare genetic disorder that may be evident at birth. It is characterized by teeth abnormalities and
Last updated: 8/22/2011
- Nance-Horan Syndrome. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). 2011; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/1055/viewAbstract. Accessed 8/22/2011.
- Nance-Horan syndrome. Orphanet. September 2007; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/Disease_Search.php?lng=EN&data_id=931. Accessed 8/22/2011.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Nance-Horan syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.