Print friendly version
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
papules and nodules and associated with arthritis mutilans. The disease can involve the skin, the bones, the tendons, the muscles, the joints, and nearly any other organ (e.g., eyes, larynx, thyroid, salivary glands, bone marrow, heart, lung, kidney, liver, gastrointestinal tract). In the majority of cases, the cause of multicentric reticulohistiocytosis is unknown; however, it has been associated with an underlying cancer in about one fourth of cases, suggesting that it may be a paraneoplastic syndrome.Multicentric reticulohistiocytosis is a disease that is characterized by the presence of
Last updated: 9/28/2012
- Chakravarty EF, Genovese MC. Chapter 111 -- Musculoskeletal Syndromes in Malignancy. Harris: Kelley’s Textbook of Rheumatology, 7th ed.. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders Company; 2005;
- West SG. Chapter 297 -- Systemic Diseases in Which Arthritis is a Feature. Goldman: Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 23rd ed.. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders Elsevier; 2008;
- Rapini RP, Morgan LT. Dermatologic Manifestations of Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis . Medscape Reference . June 6, 2012; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1058248-overview. Accessed 9/28/2012.
- DermNet NZ is an online resource about skin diseases developed by the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated. DermNet NZ provides information about this condition.
- Medscape Reference has two articles on this topic: Dermatologic Manifestations of Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis and Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis. You may need to register to view the information online, but registration is free. Click on the links above to view the articles from this medical reference Web site.
In Depth Information
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Multicentric reticulohistiocytosis. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.