Other Names for this Disease
- Kohler's Disease
- Kohler's Disease of the Tarsal Navicular
- Kohler's Osteochondrosis of the Tarsal Navicular
- Navicular Osteochondrosis
Your QuestionHow common is Kohler disease? I keep reading that it is rare but can't find stats on just how rare it is.
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Kohler disease is considered to be a rare condition. To our knowledge, there is currently no accurate data available regarding its prevalence. The condition is five times more common in boys than girls. However, girls with this condition are often younger than affected boys; this is presumably due to the earlier onset of ossification in girls.
Last updated: 7/20/2012
- Bernardo Vargas et al. Kohler Disease. Medscape Reference. February 17, 2012; http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1234753-overview. Accessed 4/25/2014.
- Kohler disease. NORD. February 5, 2008; http://www.rarediseases.org/rare-disease-information/rare-diseases/byID/800/viewAbstract. Accessed 7/19/2012.