Print friendly version
Gyrate atrophy of choroid and retina
Other Names for this Disease
- Girate atrophy of the retina
- Gyrate atrophy
- Hyperornithinemia with gyrate atrophy of choroid and retina
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- GeneReviews provides a current, expert-authored, peer-reviewed, full-text article urea cycle disorders in general that you may find helpful. GeneReview articles describe the application of genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients with specific inherited conditions.
Clinical Trials & Research for this Disease
- ClinicalTrials.gov lists trials that are studying or have studied Gyrate atrophy of choroid and retina. Click on the link to go to ClinicalTrials.gov to read descriptions of these studies.
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through the National Library of Medicine, developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members, and members of the public with current information on clinical research studies. There is a study titled Study of Treatment and Metabolism in Patients With Urea Cycle Disorders which may be of interest to you. To find this trial, click on the link above.
- The Section on Ophthalmic Clinical Genetics research group at the National Eye Institute has been a leader in studying gyrate atrophy of the choroid and retina and nephropathic cystinosis. You can read more about this group by clicking on the link above.
- !LINK! lists clinical trials, research studies, and patient registries enrolling people with this condition. Click on Orphanet to view the list.