Fragile X syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Fra(X) syndrome
- FRAXA syndrome
- Marker X syndrome
- Martin-Bell syndrome
Your QuestionIs genetic testing available for Asperger syndrome? Is fragile X syndrome associated with Asperger syndrome?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
Questions on this page
The following online resources can also help you find a genetics professional in your community:
* GeneTests - A searchable directory of US and international genetics and prenatal diagnosis clinics. Go to the following link and click on 'Clinic Directory' to find a genetic service close to you.
* ResourceLink - A database of genetics counseling services, searchable by location, name, institution, type of practice, or specialty. Hosted by the National Society of Genetic Counselors.
* Genetic Centers, Clinics, and Departments - A comprehensive resource list for genetic counseling, including links to genetic centers and clinics, associations, and university genetics departments. Hosted by the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Aspergers syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. 2009; http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/asperger/asperger.htm. Accessed 11/10/2009.
- Haldeman-Englert C. Fragile X syndrome. MedlinePlus. 2007; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001668.htm. Accessed 4/20/2009.
- Fragile X syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). April 2012; http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/fragile-x-syndrome. Accessed 6/5/2013.
- Autism and Fragile X Syndrome. The National Fragile X Foundation. http://www.fragilex.org/html/autism_and_fragile_x_syndrome.htm. Accessed 11/11/2009.