* Not a rare disease
Other Names for this Disease
- Focal task specific dystonia
- Task-specific focal dystonia. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). December 2012; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/task-specific-focal-dystonia. Accessed 9/11/2013.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Focal dystonia. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Focal dystonia. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is an catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Focal dystonia. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.