Print friendly version
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
Other Names for this Disease
- Alcohol-Related Birth Defects (ARBD) - type
- Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND) - type
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) - type
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
On this page
- You can obtain information on this topic from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC is recognized as the lead federal agency for developing and applying disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion and education activities designed to improve the health of the people of the United States.
- The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) provides information related to the health of children, adults, and families. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has several fact sheets on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. Click on the link to read more.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic.
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) conducts research focused on improving the treatment and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems to reduce the enormous health, social, and economic consequences of this disease. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has created a fact sheet on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders. To view this fact sheet, click on the above link.