Print friendly version
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia
Other Names for this Disease
- Acquired autoimmune hemolytic anemia
- Anemia hemolytic autoimmune
- Familial auto-immune hemolytic anemia (subtype)
- Idiopathic autoimmune hemolytic anemia
- Immuno-hemolytic anemia
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Your QuestionWhat is the outlook for people with autoimmune hemolytic anemia?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
The outlook depends on the underlying cause of the disease and whether symptoms are managed appropriately and in a timely manner. Death as a result of autoimmune hemolytic anemia is rare.
Last updated: 12/19/2012
- Michel M. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia, warm type. Orphanet. August 2012; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=90033. Accessed 12/19/2012.