Print friendly version
Androgen insensitivity syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Androgen receptor deficiency
- DHTR deficiency
- Dihydrotestosterone receptor deficiency
- Testicular feminization syndrome (formerly)
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Androgen insensitivity syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. May 2008; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/androgen-insensitivity-syndrome. Accessed 3/30/2011.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Androgen insensitivity syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus was designed by the National Library of Medicine to help you research your health questions, and it provides more information about this topic. Click on the link to view this information.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. Click on the link to view this information. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Androgen insensitivity syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Androgen insensitivity syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.