Other Names for this Disease
- Aicardi Goutieres syndrome
- Encephalopathy, familial infantile, with calcification of basal ganglia and chronic cerebrospinal fluid lymphocytosis
- Pseudo-torch syndrome
- Pseudotoxoplasmosis syndrome
Your QuestionHave there been any documented beneficial results with manual treatments, such as integrated neuromuscular re-education, for Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
GeneReviews provides general information on the management of Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). The NCCAM, part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), provides information about complementary and alternative healing practices. We recommend you contact them directly to learn more.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Clearinghouse (NCCAM)
P.O. Box 7923
Gaithersburg, MD 20898
Web site: http://nccam.nih.gov
- Aicardi J, et al. Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome. GeneReviews. June 29, 2005; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1475/. Accessed 4/12/2011.
- D. Miller. Treatments for Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome. Aicardi Goutieres Syndrome. http://www.aicardi-goutieres.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93%3Adonna2&catid=40%3Ainfo-parents&Itemid=48&lang=en. Accessed 4/12/2011.