Adenosine deaminase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- ADA deficiency
- Adenosine deaminase deficient severe combined immunodeficiency
- SCID due to ADA deficiency
- Severe combined immunodeficiency due to ADA deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
Tests & Diagnosis
- The Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) provides information about the genetic tests for this condition. The intended audience for the GTR is health care providers and researchers. Patients and consumers with specific questions about a genetic test should contact a health care provider or a genetics professional.
- An ACTion (ACT) sheet for this condition has been developed by experts in collaboration with the American College of Medical Genetics, an organization providing education, resources and a voice for the medical genetics profession. ACT sheets are general guidelines that describe the short-term actions a health professional should follow in talking with the family and deciding the appropriate steps in the follow-up of an infant who has screened positive on a newborn screening test. Click on the link above to view the ACT sheet.