Print friendly version
Adenosine deaminase deficiency
Other Names for this Disease
- ADA deficiency
- Adenosine deaminase deficient severe combined immunodeficiency
- SCID due to ADA deficiency
- Severe combined immunodeficiency due to ADA deficiency
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
These Web pages are updated as the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center receives questions and as new information becomes available. If you don’t see many information resources on this page, it may be because the Information Center hasn’t yet received a question about this condition.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Adenosine deaminase deficiency. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy provides information on the treatment of immunodeficiency diseases.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Adenosine deaminase deficiency. Click on the link to go to GHR and review the information.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Adenosine deaminase deficiency. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Adenosine deaminase deficiency. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- The !LINK! has included this condition in their Compassionate Allowances Initiative. This initiative speeds up the processing of disability claims for applicants with certain medical conditions that cause severe disability. More information about Compassionate Allowances and applying for Social Security disability is available online.