Other Names for this Disease
- Ectodermal dysplasia, anhidrotic, with cleft lip/palate
- Rapp-Hodgkin ectodermal dysplasia syndrome
Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome has signs and symptoms that overlap considerably with those of ankyloblepharon-ectodermal defects-cleft lip/palate (AEC) syndrome. These two syndromes were classified as separate disorders until it was discovered that they both result from mutations in the same part of the same gene. Most researchers now consider Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome and AEC syndrome to be part of the same disease spectrum.
- Ankyloblepharon-ectodermal defects-cleft lip/palate syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2011; http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/ankyloblepharon-ectodermal-defects-cleft-lip-palate-syndrome. Accessed 8/16/2011.
- Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome. Orphanet. 2006; http://www.orphanet.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=3022. Accessed 8/16/2011.
- Sutton VR, Bree AF, van Bokhoven H. Ankyloblepharon-Ectodermal Defects-Cleft Lip/Palate Syndrome. GeneReviews. 2010; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK43797/. Accessed 8/16/2011.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- Genetics Home Reference (GHR) contains information on Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome. This website is maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database contains genetics resources that discuss Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome. Click on the link to go to OMIM and review these resources.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.