Megacystis microcolon intestinal hypoperistalsis syndrome
Other Names for this Disease
- Berdon syndrome
- MMIH syndrome
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
congenital disorder that causes decreased muscle tone in the urinary tract and bowel. As a result food, fluid, and air can not be passed through the body normally. The syndrome can be challenging to treat and the development of serious complications, such as sepsis and kidney failure is not uncommon.Megacystis microcolon intestinal hypoperistalsis syndrome is a
Last updated: 9/24/2013
- White SM, Chamberlain R, Hitchcock R, Sullivan PB, Boyd PA. Megacystis-microcolon-intestinal hypoperistalsis syndrome: The difficulties with antenatal diagnosis. Case report and review of the literature. Prenat Diagn. 2000;
- Kohler M, Pease PWB, Upadhyay. Megacystis-microcolon-intestinal hypoperistalsis syndrome (MMIHS) in siblings: Case report and review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2004;
On this page
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Megacystis microcolon intestinal hypoperistalsis syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.