Print friendly version
Other Names for this Disease
- Fowler Christmas Chapple syndrome
- Polycystic ovaries urethral sphincter dysfunction
- Voiding dysfunction and polycystic ovaries
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
urinary retention associated with abnormal electromyographic activity in young women in the absence of overt neurologic disease. Some women with this syndrome have polycystic ovaries as well.Fowler’s syndrome is characterized by
Last updated: 12/31/2013
- Wein Aj. Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction in Neurologic Injury and Disease. In: Wein et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology, 9th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; 2007;
- Polycystic ovaries - urethral sphincter dysfunction. Orphanet. March 2006; http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=2795. Accessed 12/31/2013.
- The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), provides additional information on urinary incontinence in women. The NIDDK provides information on diseases of the kidneys and urologic system.
In Depth Information
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Fowler's syndrome. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.