Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome type 2
Other Names for this Disease
- Lethal acrodysgenital syndrome
- Polydactyly, sex reversal, renal hypoplasia, and unilo bular lung
- Rutledge Friedman Harrod syndrome
- Rutledge lethal multiple congenital anomaly syndrome
- SLO syndrome type 2
See Disclaimer regarding information on this site. Some links on this page may take you to organizations outside of the National Institutes of Health.
- Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Genetics Home Reference (GHR). 2007; http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/smith-lemli-opitz-syndrome. Accessed 3/13/2013.
Your Questions Answeredby the Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
Please contact us with your questions about Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome type 2. We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and information.
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders. Each entry has a summary of related medical articles. It is meant for health care professionals and researchers. OMIM is maintained by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome type 2. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
- The Social Security Administration has included this condition in their Compassionate Allowances Initiative. This initiative speeds up the processing of disability claims for applicants with certain medical conditions that cause severe disability. More information about Compassionate Allowances and applying for Social Security disability is available online.