Other Names for this Disease
- Cardiomyopathic lentiginosis
- Lentigines, Electrocardiographic conduction abnormalities, Ocular hypertelorism, Pulmonic stenosis, Abnormal genitalia, Retardation of growth, Deafnes
- Multiple lentigines syndrome
Your QuestionMy grandson has been diagnosed with LEOPARD syndrome. We have just noticed that his eyes are beginning to cross. Is this a sign also?
We have identified the following information that we hope you find helpful. If you still have questions, please contact us.
The medical term for crossed eyes is strabismus. Strabismus is not a common feature of LEOPARD syndrome, although it may occur in some affected individuals.
Last updated: 11/30/2009
- LEOPARD syndrome 1. OMIM database. Nomber 23, 2009; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/dispomim.cgi?id=151100. Accessed 11/30/2009.
- Lehmann LH, Schaeufele T, Buss SJ, Balanova M, Hartschuh W, Ehlermann P, Katus HA. A patient with LEOPARD syndrome and PTPN11 mutation. Circulation 119: 1328-1329, 2009. .